Canker sores are also called aphthous ulcers that are small shallow, and oval shaped, with a red edges. These lesions develop on the tissues of the mouth or on base of the gum.
“Unlike cold sores, canker sores are not associated with herpes virus infection,” says Cosmetic Beverly Hills Dentist Kourosh Maddahi DDS
and founder of Oral Essentials.
Canker sores don't occur on the surface of the lips and are not contagious. However they are painful and make eating and talking difficult. The good news however is that they usually heal on their own in 2 weeks or less. If it lasts longer than two weeks please consult your dentist.
The exact cause of canker sores remains unclear, however, there are known contributory triggers which include:
1. Dental work, cheek biting and over brushing.
2. Toothpaste containing Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS).
3. Food sensitivity or allergies to strawberries, eggs, nuts, cheese and spicy or acidic foods
4. Hormonal fluctuations during mensturation
5. Emotional Stress
2. Dab a small amount of milk magnesia to your canker sore a few times daily.
3. Avoid abrasive, acidic or spicy foods
4. Brush your teeth gently with Non-SLS toothpaste.
5. Refer to your dentist for removal / treatment of the canker sore.
About Oral Essentials:
Oral Essentials is a plant and mineral based oral care line that uses time honored ingredients such as Dead Sea Salt, Organic Aloe Vera, Essential Oils, and Non-GMO Xylitol. All our Products are Certified Non-Toxic, Alcohol Free, SLS Free, Preservative Free, and Free of Artificial Colors or Flavors. Click Here to Learn More. We are so sure you will love our products we offer a 30 Day 100% Money Back Guarantee.